Tuesday, October 25, 2005

coupla things

hey, i never promised anyone i'd be a good poster. i think i admit to being a lousy poster most every time i drag myself to my computer to write. and then i get reflective. i enjoy writing. it's good to get thoughts to paper or, well, screen. maybe i should hustle to get that wireless router so i can have my laptop anywhere i go in my apartment instead of just the home office that sometimes feels too office-y. regardless. here i am and i do have more to say after i watch a movie. 'the virgin suicides.'

anyway. fyi for all of you others out there whose lives were changed by eric schlosser's book 'fast food nation': mcdonald's owns mexican fast-food joint chipotle. just found that out today. we have exactly zero chipotles here in prague but i plan to keep this in mind when i'm back in the US. others of you may want to find another burrito place. hint: go somewhere not part of a chain!

the other thing of note strikes me as rather funny: the male version of the czech word for 'virgin' is 'panic.' as in the 40 let panic (40-year-old virgin). i'm used to looking at that with my czech eyes but i realized as i looked at my ticket that panic is a rather ironic word to translate into 'virgin.' commence jokes now.
funny to see two movies in two days with 'virgin' in the title. wait--what am i, 13 again?

1 comment:

jhaggard76 said...

First thing, I love Chipotles and I even new it was owned by McDs. Regardless, they still make great food. I read this article...